How to keep your fresh-cut flowers alive
Follow these simple 7 recommendations and your wedding roses or any bulk flowers will live longer.
- First, clean a container and add fresh water.
- It is good to add flower food to the water, but a teaspoon of white vinegar or a half of an aspirin tablet will also work.
- Remove all the leaves and foliage there is below the water line.
- Give all the flowers a fresh diagonal cut before placing them into the water.
- After unpacking the flowers, especially roses, there are usually a couple of outer petals that you will have to remove. It is totally okay, do not worry.
- Change the water every two days.
- If a stem becomes limp, re-cut it and place the flower into warm water and food solution for one hour.